PACCC PREP RESOURCES
You may prepare for the exam using study resources available from various outside sources including the internet. Use of the provided resource listings for each of the exam levels does not constitute an endorsement concerning these sources and does not imply a guarantee that their use will ensure candidates are successful in passing the exam.
PREPARING FOR THE EXAMINATION
PACCC examinations are designed to cover the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be most effective in professional animal care. Below are ideas to help you prepare:
- Read the entire content outline as the exam will include items for every area and may include questions on the subcategories.
- Study from one or all of the recommended references or other resources. See Resource Listing below.
- Take the relevant practice examination on the PTC website: www.ptcny.com/clients/paccc (additional fee).
- Prior to driving to the examination location, study a map and/or directions so you aren’t rushing to get to the location. Get plenty of rest the night before.
EXAM RESOURCE LISTINGS BY LEVEL
- Provider (CPACP) Exam Resource Listing
- Manager (CPACM) Exam Resource Listing
- Operator (CPACO) Exam Resource Listing
Practice exams are available. The practice tests are online and consists of 50 questions over a testing time of 2 hours. Learn more about taking the practice exams and potential benefit for helping you prepare for your exam by clicking here.