Annually the PACCC nominating committee solicits candidates to join our board of directors. Board terms are for three years and in most cases service begins in January.
The Board of Directors exists to secure and promote the financial, legal and ethical wellbeing of the Professional Animal Care Certification Council (PACCC) and to ensure that it fulfills its mission. Board members must be able to regularly participate and contribute to PACCC business.
2023 Nomination Process & Timeline
April 5 (11:00am EST) – Candidate Webinar
April 5-May 5 – Application period
May 15-June 12 – Nominating Committee members interview Candidates
July – Decisions made and Candidates informed
Board Member Qualifications
- Advocate for professional certification
- Be a current PACCC certificant or plan to sit for exam within 6 months of joining the board
- Be actively involved in the animal care industry, having held a paying position in the last six months, preferably over three years of experience
- Commitment to animal care excellence and raising industry standard of care
- Excellent communication skills
- Invests in ongoing learning personally and for all staff
- Open to new ideas and sharing to improve industry’s overall performance
- Proven business skills
(1) Review “Board of Directors – Duties, Qualifications and Responsibilities” PDF to gain an understanding of board member responsibilities to assess if board service is a good fit for you.
2) Complete the online PACCC Board Candidate Application Form & Board Service Questionnaire. Note: You will be required to upload a resume and three (3) letters of professional reference upon submitting the application form.
(3) Review the documents below to ensure agreement and compliance in the event you are selected as a board member. (You do not submit copies of these documents with your application.)
We appreciate your consideration of service on the PACCC board. Submit any questions you have on service or the submission process to [email protected].
Nominating Committee Chair