Additional CEU Opportunities
In addition to attendance at approved CEU programs, up to 20% of CEUs can be earned by participating in one or more of the following during the recertification period:
- Write 5 approved questions for ongoing PACCC exams (3 CEUs). Note: A maximum of 6 CEUs can be earned by writing exam questions in any recertification period. Submitted questions must be approved by the Exam Committee and submitted at least 60 days prior to certification expiration to earn CEUs.
- PACCC Committee participation for a minimum of a one-year period (5 CEUs).
- Completion of the practice exam for your appropriate level of certification (2 CEUs).
- Volunteer work experience at a shelter, rescue group, or animal rescue organization may be submitted to the CEU Committee for review and approval of CEUs based on work description and length of time. (Approved volunteer hours are 1 CEU per 8 hours of volunteering.) To request CEUs for volunteer activity, please submit via the online form Verification Form (below).
- Reviewed and approved by the PACCC CEU Committee authorship of:
– An article in a recognized pet care industry publication (2 CEUs)
– An educational book less than 300 pages (20 CEUs)
– An educational book more than 300 pages (40 CEUs)